Fandom

Le Miiverse Resource Wiki

Demotion Nomination: SupahDenning

  • MonadoMoron
    MonadoMoron closed this thread because:
    It's over.
    22:44, February 19, 2017

    This thread is for the community to discuss and vote on whether or not to demote Supahdenning from Bureaucrat.

    Comment to vote and add your reasons if you want, and please don't trashpost in your vote or Wikia staff might not take your vote seriously when they see this. This discussion will be left open for a week so everyone will have a chance to vote and voice their opinions.

    Also if there are any arguments try to keep them tame.

    Reasons why I think Denning should be demoted

    Doesn't pay good attention to stuff going on in the wiki, bad attitude, and doing nothing for the Wiki except kill its community

    A few days ago multiple users bumped a bunch of threads but he only blocked Nukenzack for some reason. Then when he starts closing the bumped threads I noticed he mostly just closed the ones he was following and got notifs from. I also believe whenever he checks the Wiki activity he just looks at the first few things he sees on there and nothing else.

    also

    "As for the bump situation, I was going to block more of them, but the argument in #staff on lmrcord took like 20 minutes" - Denning

    Why would you waste 20 minutes arguing with someone when you could've been blocking the rule breakers first, and why was this argument so important that you had to sacrifice 20 minutes of time you could've been using to block rule breakers? They could've continued bumping even more threads during those 20 minutes while you were arguing.

    And on the 29th last month when me and Blazing were undoing vandalism during a vandal raid we had to constantly ping Denning and Sakuraichu, and it didn't seem like either of them were really watching over the wiki activity during the raid because it took almost 10 minutes or more for a vandal account to get blocked. My main problem with Denning during this time was his attitude, he acted like he didn't want to do this at all and came off as rude.

    Then there was a vandal who didn't get blocked until hours later. http://le-miiverse-resource.wikia.com/wiki/User:Dragmagter87. Eventually Denning finally came online but never blocked the vandal, which would mean he either never scrolled down the wiki activity enough to see him or didn't bother checking the edits the vandal made to the page.


    Denning has also made it pretty clear he doesn't care about this wiki anymore as he has stated quite a few times that "people should just let LMR die" and then sometimes he'll complain about how he's still using the wiki and should resign.

    "Wanting this site to remain inactive because its userbase is pretty much gone is not "not caring for this wiki". - Denning

    When I came back to LMR in January there was clearly still a userbase, just not as active or big as the old one. The only reason that userbase is "gone" is because they knew the Bureaucrats here didn't want to do anything for the community.

    "I simply do not believe having activity with a lack of moderation of this level is a good idea, and that's why I said this site should be left to die already. - Denning"

    With more activity and users you could've had more people to promote and moderate the wiki.

    You say it "should be left to die", yet you're still here wasting your time with a wiki that "should be left to die".

    Did you purposely try to kill the community or something during your 2 and a half months as bureaucrat?

    "At this point I think we can all agree there is no real future for LMR, so I do not see any issue with this" - Denning


    So why are you wasting your time moderating a wiki that "has no real future"?

      Loading editor
    • Yes. Pretty much what Breada said, and i've also seen him do dumb things with his powers. I feel as though Denning has made LMR more stricter and overall less fun and more dead, and he usually acts like he is the owner of this place. I don't have anything against him, but i think demoting him would be for the best.

        Loading editor
    • I don't think Wikia staff will take these "no more communism" type of votes seriously so could we not do that anymore please

        Loading editor
    • It's not entirely Denning's fault for LMR's Great Depression, but he didn't do what was right for the wiki. Take example USA's 31st president Herbert Hoover, he wasn't the worst but he didn't do the best course of actions to bring back America's economy. Hoover also gassed thousands of people in the Bonus Army because he though their protests were communist. 

      History is fun.

        Loading editor
    • This came unexpected, and I'm gonna start off by refuting some of the points made.

      Mr.RockBot wrote:

      Denning has mostly been inactive and the only times he comes online it seems is when someone bumps a thread that gives him notifs. He doesn't seem to bother looking at the Wiki activity anymore either because a few days ago multiple users bumped a bunch of threads but he only blocked Nukenzack for some reason, which leads me to believe he just looked at some threads he got notifs from or just glanced at the wiki activity and only saw Nuke.

      I check quite often, although not as much as I used to. I check wiki activity everytime I do this. Calling me inactive right now is just false. As for the bump situation, I was going to block more of them, but the argument in #staff on lmrcord took like 20 minutes and after that I first discussed what to do with LMR in the future with Sakuraichu. I admittedly forgot this, but that's nothing that proves my inactivity. Look at my log. I still use my powers regularly or as much as possible on an inactive wiki like this. You only have one example where I was slacking in doing my job, and I don't think that's enough to prove your point.

      Denning has also made it pretty clear he doesn't care about this wiki anymore as he has stated quite a few times that "people should just let LMR die" and then sometimes he'll complain about how he's still using the wiki and should resign.

      Wanting this site to remain inactive because its userbase is pretty much gone is not "not caring for this wiki". I simply do not believe having activity with a lack of moderation of this level is a good idea, and that's why I said this site should be left to die already. At this point I think we can all agree there is no real future for LMR, so I do not see any issue with this. I did consider resignation for a while, but evidently didn't go through with it.


      If this gets enough serious votes to demote me, then so be it, however I think this thread does far from prove its point and I believe I have not done nearly enough wrong for a full-on demotion.

        Loading editor
    • Also, reminder shitposting on serious threads is not allowed. Shitpost replies made to this point will stay, but any after this will be deleted and you may be blocked for making multiple, as it will count as derailing the point of the thread, which is to have a serious vote on this. If a user who has already commented a shitpost here wants to post their real opinion, please edit the post in question.

        Loading editor
    • Darkwing Duckness wrote:
      It's not entirely Denning's fault for LMR's Great Depression, but he didn't do what was right for the wiki. Take example USA's 31st president Herbert Hoover, he wasn't the worst but he didn't do the best course of actions to bring back America's economy. Hoover also gassed thousands of people in the Bonus Army because he though their protests were communist. 

      History is fun.

      Actually it was because they wouldnt get off the white house lawn, and they had been protesting for there bonus check for fighting in world war 1, the US government turned its back on its veterans, i mean it still does but.

        Loading editor
    • Hoover also didnt want to deficit spend and he thought the states should take care of its own people. Hoover was a terrible president.

        Loading editor
    • "As for the bump situation, I was going to block more of them, but the argument in #staff on lmrcord took like 20 minutes" - Denning

      Why would you waste 20 minutes arguing with someone when you could've been blocking the rule breakers first, and why was this argument so important that you had to sacrifice 20 minutes of time you could've been using to block rule breakers? They could've continued bumping even more threads during those 20 minutes while you were arguing.

      As I said right after that, I admit that the situation was a mistake on my part and it optimally won't happen again, although I cannot guarantee it. 

      And on the 29th last month when me and Blazing were undoing vandalism during a vandal raid we had to constantly ping Denning and Sakuraichu, and it didn't seem like either of them were really watching over the wiki activity during the raid because it took almost 10 minutes or more for a vandal account to get blocked. My main problem with Denning during this time was his attitude, he acted like he didn't want to do this at all and came off as rude.

      If this is what I think it was, then I was doing something else at the time. My memory about things like this is really shabby though. I'm really unsure.

      Then there was a vandal who didn't get blocked until hours later. http://le-miiverse-resource.wikia.com/wiki/User:Dragmagter87. Eventually Denning finally came online but never blocked the vandal, which would mean he either never scrolled down the wiki activity enough to see him or didn't bother checking the edits the vandal made to the page.

      This happened while I was asleep, and when I woke up, I dealt with this thread first. The vandal eventually did get blocked and only made 4 edits, so this isn't a huge deal from what I can tell. Even when I'm awake, you cant expect me to stalk LMR 24/7.


      Denning has also made it pretty clear he doesn't care about this wiki anymore as he has stated quite a few times that "people should just let LMR die" and then sometimes he'll complain about how he's still using the wiki and should resign.

      I chose not to do the latter in the end.

      "Wanting this site to remain inactive because its userbase is pretty much gone is not "not caring for this wiki". - Denning

      When I came back to LMR in January there was clearly still a userbase, just not as active or big as the old one. The only reason that userbase is "gone" is because they knew the Bureaucrats here didn't want to do anything for the community.

      The userbase is gone because wikia doesn't offer anything to keep them here over Discord. Now that everyone who stayed here has accepted Discord, there's nothing that could be done, and "doing anything for the community" would not achieve anyhting anymore.

      "I simply do not believe having activity with a lack of moderation of this level is a good idea, and that's why I said this site should be left to die already. - Denning"

      With more activity and users you could've had more people to promote and moderate the wiki.

      You say it "should be left to die", yet you're still here wasting your time with a wiki that "should be left to die".

      Did you purposely try to kill the community or something during your 2 and a half months as bureaucrat?

      You didn't understand my point. With activity, I mean people using it ironically in complete disregard of rules. No "promotions" should come from that. I'm "wasting my time here" because it's my job as a bureaucrat to make sure the rules are enforced.

      "At this point I think we can all agree there is no real future for LMR, so I do not see any issue with this" - Denning


      So why are you wasting your time moderating a wiki that "has no real future"? Because I chose not to resign. Because as long as this wiki still is a thing, I will fulfill the duties I have here. Now you can ask why I did not resign, and it's probably because I'm afraid of how this wiki could end up without me. I do not want this site to end up like SH.

      And that should cover everything touched upon in the edit.

        Loading editor
    • It looks like LMR is about to fall apart like SH already. Your too late to stop that, what ended SH was lack of care. And it looks like that has almost reached its peak... its sad seeing a wiki die but it's also beautiful in its own way, one thing dies so that something better can take its place. "The world is merciless, cold and empty for all it's beauty... it is a cycle perfect beyond all compair."

        Loading editor
    • Not sure how that was removed so quickly, did I say something you didn't like? 'Twas meant to give hope in a dark time not to offend

        Loading editor
    • Nightfall5694 wrote:
      Not sure how that was removed so quickly, did I say something you didn't like? 'Twas meant to give hope in a dark time not to offend

      I don't know why it was said to be removed, I think it was because you quoted a double post of mine that I deleted. It's back up now in any case.

        Loading editor
    • Ah strange, well thank you

        Loading editor
    • Nightfall5694 wrote: It looks like LMR is about to fall apart like SH already. Your too late to stop that, what ended SH was lack of care. And it looks like that has almost reached its peak... its sad seeing a wiki die but it's also beautiful in its own way, one thing dies so that something better can take its place. "The world is merciless, cold and empty for all it's beauty... it is a cycle perfect beyond all compair."

      This is true for what it's worth, and I feel like a lot of this drama comes from people not accepting that LMR's time is over.

        Loading editor
    • The online world is strange... you say the smallest thing and it's suddenly held to you forever, and whatever its meaning was is increased 10 fold. Well not to everyone but in most cases this can break apart the strongest of communities. I've seen it happen again and again. 'Tis a cycle that knows no end

        Loading editor
    • So, what everybody is saying here is "Don't come back to LMR it's ded,"

      Bye guys I'm going to the Cutthroat Kitchen Food Network Wikia.

        Loading editor
    • Darkwing Duckness wrote:
      So, what everybody is saying here is "Don't come back to LMR it's ded,"

      Bye guys I'm going to the Cutthroat Kitchen Food Network Wikia.

      bye 

        Loading editor
    • No, someone has to AT LEAST keep the wiki ticking and organized, Denning does this very well.

        Loading editor
    • This will be a huge surprise, but I'm voting no.

      LMR is a quickly dying community, and him and I are the only semi-active members of staff left. Demoting Denning will be the final nail in the coffin.

        Loading editor
    • Yes, for the same reasons Breada listed.

        Loading editor
    • What Breada said has made me vote yes all the way, from claiming that FE talk in the resume server is ok because "it's not serious", to just banning users because "it's ___", he should be demoted on LMR and the Discord (if he's mod)

        Loading editor
    • Just demote him. I don't care how many people suck his cock and pat him on the back. You can "lol" at my comment all you want, he's still an egotistical little prick and all the shit he says and does pisses off everyone else. Per Breada's reasons too.

        Loading editor
    • FreezeBlade1220 wrote:
      What Breada said has made me vote yes all the way, from claiming that FE talk in the resume server is ok because "it's not serious", to just banning users because "it's ___", he should be demoted on LMR and the Discord (if he's mod)

      ok so

      what are you even talking about

      If for the first one you were talking about that one-off joke pokemon channel, it caused no harm and I don't see how it's an argument

      As for banning users because "it's ___", can you give me an example of whatever you mean?

        Loading editor
    • FreezeBlade1220 wrote: What Breada said has made me vote yes all the way, from claiming that FE talk in the resume server is ok because "it's not serious", to just banning users because "it's ___", he should be demoted on LMR and the Discord (if he's mod)

      Why the Discord?

        Loading editor
    • Okay, so here's my serious opinion on this.

      Denning doesn't really run this place like a dictatorship by himself, he runs it with Sakuraichu and they basically make the actual decisions on everything.

      LMR is probably better off in a state where they're both the last 2 active mods, so this place can't get too carried into another direction of rulebreaking. The bumping threads was fun but in the end it's probably better if we don't let LMR just become bumped threads hell.

      I don't think he should be demoted.

        Loading editor
    • After a discussion with Denning, I realized that he was not the bad guy in this situation.

      I also did not take the future of LMR into consideration. Even if he is an unfair administrator, Denning is the backbone of LMR's actovoty these days.

      I'm going to change my vote. I hate to be a flip-flopper.

        Loading editor
    • I agree. As a chat mod and stuff, he was good but coming back to this wiki... he destroyed it.


      yeah i never use the wiki anymore but still

        Loading editor
    • hey look theres my alt

        Loading editor
    • We could always advertise LMR to NSLU and promote a few users if necessary. That will solve the whole "inactivity" issue. It's just that easy. Better to do something about the problem instead of complaining and saying "no other way"

      Going back to Cutthroat Kitchen Wikia. lol

        Loading editor
    • StevenIsHere wrote:
      I agree. As a chat mod and stuff, he was good but coming back to this wiki... he destroyed it.


      yeah i never use the wiki anymore but still

      Could you at least elaborate to add onto the discussion?

        Loading editor
    • Supahdenning wrote:

      ok so

      what are you even talking about

      If for the first one you were talking about that one-off joke pokemon channel, it caused no harm and I don't see how it's an argument Yeah that's the one I'm talking about, and my argument for demoting you for this is whenever regular users do it, other users or mods post a "#Insert_Channel_Name" and kick if we don't stop, but it's okay for a mod to talk about Pokemon in a resume server, I just don't see the fairness of the situation

      As for banning users because "it's ___", can you give me an example of whatever you mean? You've brought up countless times on LMR and a few Discord servers on "I want Freeze banned" "I'm gonna ban Freeze. Any objections?" "I'm gonna leave this server because Freeze is VIP".

      EDIT: Also @Breada as for why the Discord if he doesn't have power here why should he have power there?

        Loading editor
    • FreezeBlade1220 wrote:
      Supahdenning wrote:

      ok so

      what are you even talking about

      If for the first one you were talking about that one-off joke pokemon channel, it caused no harm and I don't see how it's an argument Yeah that's the one I'm talking about, and my argument for demoting you for this is whenever regular users do it, other users or mods post a "#Insert_Channel_Name" and kick if we don't stop, but it's okay for a mod to talk about Pokemon in a resume server, I just don't see the fairness of the situation

      As for banning users because "it's ___", can you give me an example of whatever you mean? You've brought up countless times on LMR and a few Discord servers on "I want Freeze banned" "I'm gonna ban Freeze. Any objections?" "I'm gonna leave this server because Freeze is VIP".

      EDIT: Also @Breada as for why the Discord if he doesn't have power here why should he have power there?

      bc LMR and Discord are two different websites. That's like me becoming LMR founder for being founder of smk wiki.

        Loading editor
    • Demoting Denning on the Discord server just because he's bureau here  sounds like a dumb idea and can we please not derail into a thread about Discord stuff.

        Loading editor
    • I have an idea to make LMR active again.

      First we get a van.

      We drive to Eggy's house.

      And we steal all of his chips.

      He will try and get his chips back so he gets his cronies to go after us.

      Once they are in the LMR chat, we kidnap them so they can never leave.

      We then advertise LMR to Banama.

      And then ban everybody.

      The edgy teenagers from NSLU will hear the news and they will be like "oh shit you guys are awesome we should stay here."

      I'll continue this plan in an off-topic post.

        Loading editor
    • FreezeBlade1220 wrote:
      Supahdenning wrote:

      ok so

      what are you even talking about

      If for the first one you were talking about that one-off joke pokemon channel, it caused no harm and I don't see how it's an argument Yeah that's the one I'm talking about, and my argument for demoting you for this is whenever regular users do it, other users or mods post a "#Insert_Channel_Name" and kick if we don't stop, but it's okay for a mod to talk about Pokemon in a resume server, I just don't see the fairness of the situation

      As for banning users because "it's ___", can you give me an example of whatever you mean? You've brought up countless times on LMR and a few Discord servers on "I want Freeze banned" "I'm gonna ban Freeze. Any objections?" "I'm gonna leave this server because Freeze is VIP".

      EDIT: Also @Breada as for why the Discord if he doesn't have power here why should he have power there?

      I still don't understand what you mean with the first one. Normal users posting channels? What?

      as for the second one, I probably said "brb banning freeze" or something along those lines before, but I evidently never did anything of that sort.

      Anyways, since this is unrelated to LMR, I'll stop replying to this now.

        Loading editor
    • Supahdenning wrote:

      I still don't understand what you mean with the first one. Normal users posting channels? What? I'll try to explain the best I can here: Say a user is talking about Fire Emblem in a Sonic channel, mods and sometimes other users will post #Fire_Emblem or something like that and will probably kick if you don't stop. Yet you were talking in the #General channel of the resume server and you said it was fine because "it's not causing any harm". If this still confuses you I can't that think of a better explanation so here.

      as for the second one, I probably said "brb banning freeze" or something along those lines before, but I evidently never did anything of that sort True, but the fact that you brought it up multiple times was annoying..

      Anyways, since this is unrelated to LMR, I'll stop replying to this now. ok


        Loading editor
    • MonadoMoron wrote:
      This will be a huge surprise, but I'm voting no.

      LMR is a quickly dying community, and him and I are the only semi-active members of staff left. Demoting Denning will be the final nail in the coffin.

      agree

        Loading editor
    • I don't understand what people think demoting denning will accomplish.

      I mean he basically shares the same ideals and plans as sakuraichu so all that's gonna change is we have 1 person doing what denning does instead of 2

        Loading editor
    • Galvanize wrote: I don't understand what people think demoting denning will accomplish.

      I mean he basically shares the same ideals and plans as sakuraichu so all that's gonna change is we have 1 person doing what denning does instead of 2

      i'm more libertarian than denningman though

        Loading editor
    • Demote everyone and quarantine the place.

        Loading editor
    • MaxiGamer WiiU wrote:
      Demote everyone and quarantine the place.

      now that's an idea I can get behind

        Loading editor
    • Supahdenning wrote:
      MaxiGamer WiiU wrote:
      Demote everyone and quarantine the place.
      now that's an idea I can get behind

      kek

        Loading editor
    • All shitpost or outdated votes have been deleted to make it easier to count.

        Loading editor
    • DENIED

        Loading editor
    • Alright, my say on this.

      I'm still pissed that I got blocked for a whole week, and it was an equal offence to multiple other users, who still haven't got blocked, and despite me even protesting the only thing that can be used against me is "common sense" and finding other loopholes through the argument, which I didn't exactly like.

      I still disagree with the block I was given, buy oh well.

      But people saying "He's the backbone of activity" or "We'd lose another member", you can always re-promote RockBot, who even said he wanted to be promoted. You could promote Mem tooo, so I don't see this as an actual reason to not demote him.

      But yeah, demote.

        Loading editor
    • This time I'm gonna try to step away from bias toward "Pokemon talk in resume channel" and countless mentions of "I'm banning Freeze because he's Freeze" and use some reason.

      So basically, people that say "He's the reason LMR is still alive". Well, why do we care? Haven't we all moved on from LMR and to the Discord? So, as well as wanting him demoted by the community, there's not really a point in keeping him on staff.

      "But what about vandals?" I can't even remember the last time I witnessed a vandal attack. I've heard about a few attacks, but they sounded minor and were usually blocked within 5 minutes.

      "But we'll lose all order LMR has" again, the wiki is pretty much dead and the only activity we normally get is from random alt accounts or Dylan. Plus the accounts don't seem to do much harm other than shitpost in the forums so.

      So this is why I want Denning demoted other than the two reasons stated in the first paragraph.

        Loading editor
    • NukenZack wrote:
      Alright, my say on this.

      I'm still pissed that I got blocked for a whole week, and it was an equal offence to multiple other users, who still haven't got blocked, and despite me even protesting the only thing that can be used against me is "common sense" and finding other loopholes through the argument, which I didn't exactly like.

      I still disagree with the block I was given, buy oh well.

      But people saying "He's the backbone of activity" or "We'd lose another member", you can always re-promote RockBot, who even said he wanted to be promoted. You could promote Mem tooo, so I don't see this as an actual reason to not demote him.

      But yeah, demote.

      I think its clear neither of those two users would be getting promoted anytime soon after the whole bumping drama, and no other candidates exist at the moment, so that argument is pretty much invalidated.

        Loading editor
    • Supahdenning wrote:

      I think its clear neither of those two users would be getting promoted anytime soon after the whole bumping drama, and no other candidates exist at the moment, so that argument is pretty much invalidated.

      Why? They're much more active, and RockBot and I think it was Blazing who had to ping you and Sakuraichu multiple times because of a vandal raid.

      "They bumped so they wont get a staff position"

      I got staff in 2015, even though I used to bump threads from time to time, so did Orca and I think Eggy. Bumping threads was never something to hold against promoting someone on LMR, and it shouldn't change now because the place has going inactive.

        Loading editor
    • NukenZack wrote:
      Supahdenning wrote:

      I think its clear neither of those two users would be getting promoted anytime soon after the whole bumping drama, and no other candidates exist at the moment, so that argument is pretty much invalidated.

      Why? They're much more active, and RockBot and I think it was Blazing who had to ping you and Sakuraichu multiple times because of a vandal raid.

      "They bumped so they wont get a staff position"

      I got staff in 2015, even though I used to bump threads from time to time, so did Orca and I think Eggy. Bumping threads was never something to hold against promoting someone on LMR, and it shouldn't change now because the place has going inactive.

      You cant compare LMR now to 2015 at all. Staff standards are vastly different, our goals are different, the community is hardly recognisable. Personally, I would say the scenario was more of an example why promoting Luci would negatively affect LMR in the long run after the rule removal shit. Me and Sakuraichu managing LMR is the best position for the site to be in at this moment because of the clear direction.

        Loading editor
    • Supahdenning wrote:
      NukenZack wrote:
      Supahdenning wrote:

      I think its clear neither of those two users would be getting promoted anytime soon after the whole bumping drama, and no other candidates exist at the moment, so that argument is pretty much invalidated.

      Why? They're much more active, and RockBot and I think it was Blazing who had to ping you and Sakuraichu multiple times because of a vandal raid.

      "They bumped so they wont get a staff position"

      I got staff in 2015, even though I used to bump threads from time to time, so did Orca and I think Eggy. Bumping threads was never something to hold against promoting someone on LMR, and it shouldn't change now because the place has going inactive.

      You cant compare LMR now to 2015 at all. Staff standards are vastly different, our goals are different, the community is hardly recognisable. Personally, I would say the scenario was more of an example why promoting Luci would negatively affect LMR in the long run after the rule removal shit. Me and Sakuraichu managing LMR is the best position for the site to be in at this moment because of the clear direction.

      "Staff standards were vastly different"- Yeah, which is a bad thing. One of the reason LMR was one of the top 300 Wikias on WAM in the longrun was probably because of how good the staff was, and when those staff resigned, nobody could exactly fill out those roles. I mean, granted, Ryu, Blazing and partly you did a good job, but could you really fill out EVERYONE who got demoted or resigned? The fact that RockBot is back and wants a staff position would be a good step 1 on getting LMR back on it's feet.

      Almost everyone who still uses the Wikia, whether seriously or shitposting, would want to see Luci back into staff, since he can and has proven that he can do a lot of shit alone.

      Also, I agree LMR is dying, but that doesn't mean you should keep it the way it is. This Wikia is more of a "Gaming Wikia" then a "Miiverse Wikia" after all, so it wouldn't be too hard to revive the place.

        Loading editor
    • "Staff standards were vastly different"- Yeah, which is a bad thing. One of the reason LMR was one of the top 300 Wikias on WAM in the longrun was probably because of how good the staff was, and when those staff resigned, nobody could exactly fill out those roles. I mean, granted, Ryu, Blazing and partly you did a good job, but could you really fill out EVERYONE who got demoted or resigned? The fact that RockBot is back and wants a staff position would be a good step 1 on getting LMR back on it's feet. We dont need a lot of staff to handle a dead wiki. I've provided an example of why RockBot could be detrimental, while you seem to take it for granted to promote someone just because they were staff two years ago.

      Almost everyone who still uses the Wikia, whether seriously or shitposting, would want to see Luci back into staff, since he can and has proven that he can do a lot of shit alone. The actual staff right now doesn't, and in a state like this where there is a major disagreement between the regular users and the people in charge, we can't take your(plural) will as law.

      Also, I agree LMR is dying, but that doesn't mean you should keep it the way it is. This Wikia is more of a "Gaming Wikia" then a "Miiverse Wikia" after all, so it wouldn't be too hard to revive the place. Do we want to revive LMR as something that it's not and never was? None of the community that has moved on would welcome LMR anymore, so this site would become something entirely different.

        Loading editor
    • We dont need a lot of staff to handle a dead wiki. I've provided an example of why RockBot could be detrimental, while you seem to take it for granted to promote someone just because they were staff two years ago.

      How can RockBot cause any harm on a dead Wikia? Thread bumping wont and will never kill a Wikia, in fact, a bunch of users joined in which actually helped activity, even if they were just shitposts.

      The actual staff right now doesn't, and in a state like this where there is a major disagreement between the regular users and the people in charge, we can't take your(plural) will as law.

      I can't speak for Sakuraichu or LuigiDude, but I'm sure they wouldn't mind

      Do we want to revive LMR as something that it's not and never was? None of the community that has moved on would welcome LMR anymore, so this site would become something entirely different.

      It's already different, most people don't even come here anymore. We all joined LMR at different times too, so I don't see the logic in this

        Loading editor
    • NukenZack wrote:

      How can RockBot cause any harm on a dead Wikia? Thread bumping wont and will never kill a Wikia, in fact, a bunch of users joined in which actually helped activity, even if they were just shitposts.

      I explained how I believe it to be a bad thing several times before, and why this type of activity isn't good.

      I can't speak for Sakuraichu or LuigiDude, but I'm sure they wouldn't mind

      LuigiDude isn't staff and you'd be wrong about Sakuraichu.

      It's already different, most people don't even come here anymore. We all joined LMR at different times too, so I don't see the logic in this

      I don't think you got my point; LMR was still the same community over the years, while an LMR like this would be different from the discord community we've established, but this is all too hypothetical to accurately discuss.


        Loading editor
    • Supahdenning wrote:
      NukenZack wrote:

      Huh, I could have sworn I replied to this 2 days ago.

      I explained how I believe it to be a bad thing several times before, and why this type of activity isn't good.

      If it was overused and spam like what Michaela did, that would be one thing. Bumping Joey's resignation thread is another because most people actually joined.

      LuigiDude isn't staff and you'd be wrong about Sakuraichu.

      Last time I checked, which was now, he is.

      I don't think you got my point; LMR was still the same community over the years, while an LMR like this would be different from the discord community we've established, but this is all too hypothetical to accurately discuss.

      Just because we have a few new users doesn't mean it would be awful, and it wont completely be different, you'd have me, Duck, you, Saku, LuigiDude, Mem, RockBot and quite a few others.



        Loading editor
    • NukenZack wrote:

      LuigiDude isn't staff and you'd be wrong about Sakuraichu.

      Last time I checked, which was now, he is.

      He's not. He removed his rights and said his repromotion was temporary.

        Loading editor
    • NukenZack wrote:
      Supahdenning wrote:
      NukenZack wrote:

      If it was overused and spam like what Michaela did, that would be one thing. Bumping Joey's resignation thread is another because most people actually joined.

      We have to draw a line somewhere, and accepting some bumps and punishing others would lead to more situations similar to yours and it would just be overall impractical to do.

      Just because we have a few new users doesn't mean it would be awful, and it wont completely be different, you'd have me, Duck, you, Saku, LuigiDude, Mem, RockBot and quite a few others.

      Well, I don't know. Neither of us can prove a hypothetical future like this going either way, so there's that.




        Loading editor
    • Supahdenning wrote:
      NukenZack wrote:
      Supahdenning wrote:
      NukenZack wrote:

      We have to draw a line somewhere, and accepting some bumps and punishing others would lead to more situations similar to yours and it would just be overall impractical to do.

      I agree there should be a limit, but not that strict. As LMR got more lenient, more users decided to join. The situation was one fault that was added, you don't even need to punish others, all that would have needed to be given was a warning, it really isn't that hard.


        Loading editor
    • NukenZack wrote:

      We have to draw a line somewhere, and accepting some bumps and punishing others would lead to more situations similar to yours and it would just be overall impractical to do.

      I agree there should be a limit, but not that strict. As LMR got more lenient, more users decided to join. The situation was one fault that was added, you don't even need to punish others, all that would have needed to be given was a warning, it really isn't that hard.

      I don't really get what you're trying to say here. Yes, warnings should be given first if the situation is still within control, but we can't take warnings as the ultimate solution to bumping. If the warning is ignored, it has to be punished, which is why I think I didn't read something right here, but I can't really figure out what.

        Loading editor
    • Supahdenning wrote:

      I don't really get what you're trying to say here. Yes, warnings should be given first if the situation is still within control, but we can't take warnings as the ultimate solution to bumping. If the warning is ignored, it has to be punished, which is why I think I didn't read something right here, but I can't really figure out what.

      I'm saying that there should be punishments for bumping, but it should be warning first.

        Loading editor
    • NukenZack wrote:
      Supahdenning wrote:

      I don't really get what you're trying to say here. Yes, warnings should be given first if the situation is still within control, but we can't take warnings as the ultimate solution to bumping. If the warning is ignored, it has to be punished, which is why I think I didn't read something right here, but I can't really figure out what.

      I'm saying that there should be punishments for bumping, but it should be warning first.

      That I agree with if the situation is within control. If it's en masse spamming like what Michaela did, then it should be block no questions asked. 

        Loading editor
    • Supahdenning wrote:
      NukenZack wrote:
      Supahdenning wrote:

      I don't really get what you're trying to say here. Yes, warnings should be given first if the situation is still within control, but we can't take warnings as the ultimate solution to bumping. If the warning is ignored, it has to be punished, which is why I think I didn't read something right here, but I can't really figure out what.

      I'm saying that there should be punishments for bumping, but it should be warning first.
      That I agree with if the situation is within control. If it's en masse spamming like what Michaela did, then it should be block no questions asked. 

      Yeah.

        Loading editor


    • OmegaOnyx is a user who is mainly known for her strange obsession with Ness x Lucas from the Mother series. She is also the one who is writing this right now. She writes ironic fanfictions as jokes. She obsesses over the Mother series, and the Fire Emblem series. She gets two week banned fairly often. She also jokes about anime such as Shingeki no Kyojin, One Punch Man, Yuki Yuna is a hero, and Love Live! School Idol Project. She is known for the infamous " Ness looked into Lucas-kouhai-senpai-nii-sama-chan's eyes. The wind was blowing cherry blossoms and the stars were in the shape of a heart. ' Lucas, will you be my waifu? ' Ness had said. Lucas-chan's face was basically a tomato. Lucas looked into Ness-san-Super-Saiyan's eyes. He hugged him and rubbed his cheek against his chest." She has twenty six friends, had over 1,200 posts, and follows 189 people.
      OmegaOnyx
      3n4xhv6ue8hf3 normal face
      NNID Awesometoon
      Age  ???
      Joined Unknown
      Community New Super Luigi U
      Followers 162
      System(s) owned Unknown
      Birthday The sixth of March
      Alts Awesometoon2, Awesometoon3
        Loading editor
    • OmegaOnyx wrote:
      OmegaOnyx is a user who is mainly known for her strange obsession with Ness x Lucas from the Mother series. She is also the one who is writing this right now. She writes ironic fanfictions as jokes. She obsesses over the Mother series, and the Fire Emblem series. She gets two week banned fairly often. She also jokes about anime such as Shingeki no Kyojin, One Punch Man, Yuki Yuna is a hero, and Love Live! School Idol Project. She is known for the infamous " Ness looked into Lucas-kouhai-senpai-nii-sama-chan's eyes. The wind was blowing cherry blossoms and the stars were in the shape of a heart. ' Lucas, will you be my waifu? ' Ness had said. Lucas-chan's face was basically a tomato. Lucas looked into Ness-san-Super-Saiyan's eyes. He hugged him and rubbed his cheek against his chest." She has twenty six friends, had over 1,200 posts, and follows 189 people.
      Résumés/Nominations/@comment-Mr.RockBot-20170211193915/@comment-Galvanize-20170219221603
      NNID Awesometoon
      Age  ???
      Joined Unknown
      Community New Super Luigi U
      Followers 162
      System(s) owned Unknown
      Birthday The sixth of March
      Alts Awesometoon2, Awesometoon3

      how did you fuck up that badly that you tried to make your user page on a demotion thread

        Loading editor
    • OmegaOnyx wrote:


      OmegaOnyx is a user who is mainly known for her strange obsession with Ness x Lucas from the Mother series. She is also the one who is writing this right now. She writes ironic fanfictions as jokes. She obsesses over the Mother series, and the Fire Emblem series. She gets two week banned fairly often. She also jokes about anime such as Shingeki no Kyojin, One Punch Man, Yuki Yuna is a hero, and Love Live! School Idol Project. She is known for the infamous " Ness looked into Lucas-kouhai-senpai-nii-sama-chan's eyes. The wind was blowing cherry blossoms and the stars were in the shape of a heart. ' Lucas, will you be my waifu? ' Ness had said. Lucas-chan's face was basically a tomato. Lucas looked into Ness-san-Super-Saiyan's eyes. He hugged him and rubbed his cheek against his chest." She has twenty six friends, had over 1,200 posts, and follows 189 people.
      Résumés/Nominations/@comment-Mr.RockBot-20170211193915/@comment-EverybodyKnowsItsJMike-20170219222004
      NNID Awesometoon
      Age  ???
      Joined Unknown
      Community New Super Luigi U
      Followers 162
      System(s) owned Unknown
      Birthday The sixth of March
      Alts Awesometoon2, Awesometoon3

      i agree

        Loading editor
    • OmegaOnyx wrote:


      OmegaOnyx is a user who is mainly known for her strange obsession with Ness x Lucas from the Mother series. She is also the one who is writing this right now. She writes ironic fanfictions as jokes. She obsesses over the Mother series, and the Fire Emblem series. She gets two week banned fairly often. She also jokes about anime such as Shingeki no Kyojin, One Punch Man, Yuki Yuna is a hero, and Love Live! School Idol Project. She is known for the infamous " Ness looked into Lucas-kouhai-senpai-nii-sama-chan's eyes. The wind was blowing cherry blossoms and the stars were in the shape of a heart. ' Lucas, will you be my waifu? ' Ness had said. Lucas-chan's face was basically a tomato. Lucas looked into Ness-san-Super-Saiyan's eyes. He hugged him and rubbed his cheek against his chest." She has twenty six friends, had over 1,200 posts, and follows 189 people.
      Résumés/Nominations/@comment-Mr.RockBot-20170211193915/@comment-Got any of those nuts, the honey roasted ones-20170219222020
      NNID Awesometoon
      Age  ???
      Joined Unknown
      Community New Super Luigi U
      Followers 162
      System(s) owned Unknown
      Birthday The sixth of March
      Alts Awesometoon2, Awesometoon3

      same

        Loading editor
    • Galvanize wrote:
      OmegaOnyx wrote:
      OmegaOnyx is a user who is mainly known for her strange obsession with Ness x Lucas from the Mother series. She is also the one who is writing this right now. She writes ironic fanfictions as jokes. She obsesses over the Mother series, and the Fire Emblem series. She gets two week banned fairly often. She also jokes about anime such as Shingeki no Kyojin, One Punch Man, Yuki Yuna is a hero, and Love Live! School Idol Project. She is known for the infamous " Ness looked into Lucas-kouhai-senpai-nii-sama-chan's eyes. The wind was blowing cherry blossoms and the stars were in the shape of a heart. ' Lucas, will you be my waifu? ' Ness had said. Lucas-chan's face was basically a tomato. Lucas looked into Ness-san-Super-Saiyan's eyes. He hugged him and rubbed his cheek against his chest." She has twenty six friends, had over 1,200 posts, and follows 189 people.
      Résumés/Nominations/@comment-Mr.RockBot-20170211193915/@comment-MonadoMoron-20170219222051
      NNID Awesometoon
      Age  ???
      Joined Unknown
      Community New Super Luigi U
      Followers 162
      System(s) owned Unknown
      Birthday The sixth of March
      Alts Awesometoon2, Awesometoon3
      how did you fuck up that badly that you tried to make your user page on a demotion thread

      I can't see the kudos button for some reason. Could it have been a glitch?

        Loading editor
    • OmegaOnyx wrote:


      OmegaOnyx is a user who is mainly known for her strange obsession with Ness x Lucas from the Mother series. She is also the one who is writing this right now. She writes ironic fanfictions as jokes. She obsesses over the Mother series, and the Fire Emblem series. She gets two week banned fairly often. She also jokes about anime such as Shingeki no Kyojin, One Punch Man, Yuki Yuna is a hero, and Love Live! School Idol Project. She is known for the infamous " Ness looked into Lucas-kouhai-senpai-nii-sama-chan's eyes. The wind was blowing cherry blossoms and the stars were in the shape of a heart. ' Lucas, will you be my waifu? ' Ness had said. Lucas-chan's face was basically a tomato. Lucas looked into Ness-san-Super-Saiyan's eyes. He hugged him and rubbed his cheek against his chest." She has twenty six friends, had over 1,200 posts, and follows 189 people.
      Résumés/Nominations/@comment-Mr.RockBot-20170211193915/@comment-Player Two-20170219222133
      NNID Awesometoon
      Age  ???
      Joined Unknown
      Community New Super Luigi U
      Followers 162
      System(s) owned Unknown
      Birthday The sixth of March
      Alts Awesometoon2, Awesometoon3

      dab on em

        Loading editor
    • she only has 1 edit and she already made the page, so this comment wasn't made by her, which is also shown by the lack of a kudos button

      this is a fucking glitch from wikia

      we don't even need real people commenting on the thread to derail threads anymore, we've gotten this low

        Loading editor
    • Galvanize wrote:
      she only has 1 edit and she already made the page, so this comment wasn't made by her, which is also shown by the lack of a kudos button

      this is a fucking glitch from wikia

      we don't even need real people commenting on the thread to derail threads anymore, we've gotten this low

      we need to put wikia out of it's misery

        Loading editor
    • 23:04, February 19, 2017 Semanticdrifter (wall | contribs) changed group membership for User:Supahdenning from bureaucrat, Chat moderator, Content Moderator, rollback, administrator and Discussions Moderator to (none) (http://le-miiverse-resource.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:406046)

      congrats guys

        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message

Ad blocker interference detected!


Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.