Hi Miiverse friends, As you might have already noticed, we have spruced up the design of the web version of Miiverse. If you access Miiverse through a computer or a smart device, such as a smartphone or a tablet, you can see the brand new design! There are no changes to the functionality of Miiverse.
Also, I’d like to inform you that some advertisements will be shown on the web version. There are no changes for the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS versions of Miiverse. That’s all for today. Thank you!
- Instead from the "community list" page of the old design, the redesign incorporates the Drawings, Play Journal, and Discussions introduced during the actual redesign in the starting screen.
- Advertisements are added.
- Instead of a column-like stacked format, the update moved the community info and the user info to the left side.
- The "Settings" menu was moved to the top bar of the page, with the User Page, Communities, Activity Feed, and Notifications.
- The "Miiverse has been redesigned!" banner is removed.
- Users can now see other users' favorite communities, which was only present in the 3DS/Wii U version before.
The reception was mixed. Many users complained about the ads. Some took notice of the fact that advertisements are not allowed according to the Code of Conduct, though the Code of Conduct only prohibits advertisements contained within posts and messages. Others complained that Miiverse should focus on user's feedback, just like the removal of the 30 per day post limit. A few users complained about how the new layout is confusing and ugly. However, users who have Adblock don't mind the update, and almost everyone's happy about the redesign banner being gone.
- The 3DS and Wii U versions of Miiverse were not affected by the update.
- Sometimes, explicit/inappropriate ads can be seen.