|Community||Super Smash Bros. Communities|
|Followers||244,987 (total for all accounts)|
Yes, I'm still alive.
Masahiro Sakurai is the official director and editor of the Super Smash Bros. and Kid Icarus series and former director of the Kirby Series. He most recently developed Super Smash Bros. for the Wii U & Nintendo 3DS. He posted daily "Pic of the Day" posts for Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS (but not on funerals) via the Director's Room on the Super Smash Bros. Community when he was working on it. Sakurai is the second most followed user on Miiverse with over 190,000 followers.
Many claim Sakurai to be the spitting image of Shigeru Miyamoto, and they are not too far from the truth. Sakurai is very humorous and is rarely serious, and he is also extremely mischevious when in Nintendo Directs, such as seemingly deconfirming Zero Suit Samus, only to confirm her moments later. He has also grown rather infamous for how he enjoys teasing and tormenting the fans of the Smash Bros series, such as how he deconfirmed Waluigi via the Pic of the Day with the accompanying comment, "Once again Waluigi's Assist Trophy joins the collection!!...Which also means he's not a playable character. Just because you try hard doesn't mean you'll make it into the battle." or when he deconfirmed the highly anticipated Chrom by showing him on the ground, beaten by Captain Falcon with the line, "I suppose I'll get my chance another day" and be confirmed as part of Robin's Final Smash during the Lucina/Robin reveal trailer.
Sakurai is rumored to have a cat, but this was confirmed to be false. People said she had an appearance in Super Smash Bros. Brawl in a house on the Pokemon Stadium 2 stage, but it turns out it was some ordinary cat. Some have speculated that it is in fact Sakurai's Cat who is developing the game, and Sakurai is just a puppet. Sakurai's Cat is also a celebrity on Miiverse, with users sometimes naming their Mii as her.
- In February 2013, Sakurai had Calcific Tendinitis close to his right shoulder, which brought about him torment at whatever point he moved his arm. He said that this could significantly back off his present work, as he does some amusement testing himself.
- Many people make puns with his name, such as Mashpotato Samurai.
- He doesn't speak any language other than Japanese. Although, Staff usually translates his posts.
- He's in his mid 40s
- He is the Doctor, his current regeneration appears to be a young man.
- He thinks you're not a developer.
- He wants you to try making a game.
- He prefers Pokémon X over Y because X is the horizontal axis.
- He bought 2,123,564 TVs
- He once fed a piece of cabbage to 10 rabbits out of his hand and thought it was terrific.
- He is liked by many people.