|Kid Icarus Series|
|Year of creation||1986|
The Kid Icarus Series is a video game series about an angel named Pit, who protects the human race from the underworld army. Despite being an angel, Pit is unable to fly on his own without the power of flight or the pegasus wings.The first Kid Icarus title was released on the NES in 1987. Its sequel, Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters was released for the Game Boy in 1991, but not in Japan until many years later, in 2012. Both games were 2D side-scrollers. The series went on a long hiatus after the second game. A few years after Pit's appearance in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Smash Bros. and Kirby creator, Masahiro Sakurai, rebooted the Kid Icarus franchise with 2012's Kid Icarus: Uprising for the Nintendo 3DS. unlike the past 2 games, Kid Icarus: Uprising was a third person shooter, rather than a 2D sidescoller.
Games and Miiverse Communities
- Kid Icarus (Wii U Virtual Console): Medusa has kidnapped Palutena, the Goddess of light, and starts wreaking havoc on Skyworld and the humans. Pit must travel all the way up to Skyworld while collecting the Three Sacred Treasures, defeat Medusa, and rescue Palutena. The game has multiple endings depending on how well the player has done.
- Kid Icarus: of Myths and Monsters (3DS Virtual Console): After Palutena has a horrible nightmare, she gets her dream interpreted. She learns that her nightmare was a vision and that Angel Land would be attacked by demons known as Orcos. Palutena summons Pit to defeat the Orcos and recollect the Three Sacred Treasures.
- Kid Icarus Uprising: After 25 years, Medusa is resurrected and seeks revenge on Pit and Palutena. She brings back old enemies like the Hewdraw and Pandora, while introducing some new villains like Dark Pit and The Great Reaper. This time, Palutena supports Pit with the power of flight, which allows Pit to fly while Palutena controls his flight path, but she can only do it for 5 minutes or else Pit's wings burn up. Pit and Palutena's Army face new forces such as the Goddess Viridi's Forces of Nature and the Aurum aliens.
- In the Japanese version of Kid Icarus, if the player takes too long to rescue Palutena, she will actually turn Pit into a specknose.
- Kid Icarus was made with the same engine as Metroid.
- The Kid Icarus Uprising community actually has screenshots disabled due to a glitch that allowed users to upload any picture. Similar to the same situation in the Mario and Luigi dream team community. However instead of posting memes, the one who found the glitch out posted porn.
- Many Smashers are named after characters from this franchise.
- Despite being released in March 22, 2012, the game is still widely popular.
- Even though Kid Icarus is on the 3DS as a 3D Classic, only the Virtual Console version (which was released on Wii U but not 3DS) has a Miiverse Community.