Console Bans are a type of ban users can get on Miiverse. If you have violated the "Code Of Conduct," multiple times, you might have a chance of getting a console ban. A Console Ban is where your perma-banned on Miiverse, BUT you cannot get on Miiverse on that specific console. For example, if you got Console banned on your 3DS, you would not be able to do Miiverse on your 3DS anymore.
However, even though you are banned on Miiverse, if you own Super Mario Maker for the Wii U, you will not be able to upload courses, either.
Fixing a Console BanOnce your console is banned on a Wii U, it is nearly impossible to fix it. The only way to escape a Console Ban is to buy another Wii U. Also, it is possible to copy or move stuff into the USB drive and delete all console settings.
If your last violation was false, contact Nintendo to investigate the problem and to lift the ban. However, more often than not, Nintendo will take a while, or it'll turn out that you deserved the Console Ban.
The SecureInfo_A Exploit on a hacked 3DS can be used to circumvent permabans or console bans.
Otherwise, you have to buy a new console.
Console Bans after 6/24/15After The Update of 6/24/15, every NNID on the device you're using will be restricted from Miiverse if one of the accounts gets banned. This isn't as severe as an actual console ban and only lasts for two weeks.
If one of your accounts gets permanently banned, you may receive a Console Ban warning, and your other accounts will only be banned for two weeks, contrary to rumors stating that every NNID gets permabanned.
- If you are lucky, you will only receive a console ban that lasts 3 weeks to a month. It's unknown how this occurs.
- If you get enough 2 week bans on enough alts, it is possible to be console banned without getting a single permanent ban.
- Compared to permabans, console bans aren't as common.
- Some users such as The Bard, YoungAndy, Travis, Alyssa, Izzy, Nostalgic, RadminRawr, among others are currently console banned.
- Something similar to console bans is when Nintendo won't let you use Miiverse on the device you're using, but the NNID is not banned. Not many users have gotten this.